Many sellers do not clearly understand what the MLS actually does for promoting a property.
Here is how the MLS vastly improves your chances of selling your property at a higher price within a reasonable time frame.
- It gets over 180
our area working on your side.
- Every time one of these 180+ brokers gets a buyer client looking
for a property similar to yours, THE
BROKER CAN FIND IT in his MLS database through
a powerful search engine.
- Brokers do not always remember your property from an ad in the paper or a flyer that went across their desk, nor from a classified ad or even from visiting your property at some open house. Brokers have so much property data flying through their heads every day that it is very possible to forget yours! The MLS database REMINDS BROKERS OF YOUR PROPERTY EVERY TIME they need to look for a property such as yours.
- Most of the MLS database can also be found on a number of Telluride broker websites and on the www.realtor.com website. If your property is in the MLS, it could be on MANY WEBSITES and could be seen by thousands of buyers directly.
Facts about our Telluride MLS
- All our listing information is in a COMPUTER
DATABASE within a very helpful software program
called "Paragonr". This allows us to search for properties
by many different parameters.
- Our database is UPDATED EVERY DAY and we can get "up-to-the-minute" information about the status of old listings or about the addition of any new listings.
- Every listing broker inputs information about his/her listings
into "Paragon", and all other broker members of the Telluride
MLS have access to this information - immediately.
- Most property information in our MLS is transmitted to the nationwide website of www.realtor.com.
- Most property information in our MLS is allowed to be viewed on other Telluride brokers' websites.
- Brokers use the MLS as their "BIBLE". They open the program every day. They run searches on it often. They see what's new every day. They download the newest information every day.
What you get if you are NOT in the MLS
- Most BROKERS WILL FORGET about your property even if they happen to catch it in the newspaper or on a flyer.
- Many buyers who read the property ads in the newspaper WILL NOT CATCH YOUR AD because when they decide to look is not when you advertised.
- Most buyers (about 70%) who use buyers' brokers will probably miss ever knowing about your property.
- Your property will not come up in front of brokers when they look into their MLS program in an effort to find a buyer client the property they want which is just like yours.
- Your property will not come up on www.realtor.com.
- Your property will not be seen on a number of Telluride brokers' websites, which are connected to the Telluride MLS.
- In short, THE PUBLIC WILL MISS SEEING YOUR PROPERTY ON SEVERAL WEBSITES OR IN THEIR BROKER'S PROPERTIES FILE.
The Power of the MLS really brings your property TONS more exposure
than you'd get without it . and probably a higher price too.
DON'T MISS OUT ON IT!
Doesn't it stand to reason that if you get fewer buyers interested in your property that you will take longer to sell it and that potential buyers will not offer as much?
More exposure = More potential buyers = Sooner sale and more money !!